- 125gr softened butter
- 60 gr icing sugar
- 1 tbspn milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 175 gr plain flour
- 4 – 5 Plums
- Zest/juice 2 lemons
- 100ml double cream
- 5 eggs
- 100gr melted butter
- 150 gr ground almonds
- 200 gr sugar
Baking is always more fun with good tunes in the background! Wack on a bit of Ziggy Marley whilst creating this tasty tart!
- Cream butter and sugar til pale. Add egg yolk and cream. Sift in the flour and combine well. Turn onto floured work surface and knead lightly until the pastry forms a ball. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Roll out pastry, and line it in a loose bottomed tart tin. Puncture holes in the pastry with a fork(helps create a bubble free, crisp pastry) and blind bake at 170 for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare your filling. Mix zest/juice of lemons, eggs, cream, butter, sugar almonds in a bowl.
- Halve or quarter the plums, depending on personal preference, and lay them in the baked pastry case.
- Pour over the custard. Bake at 180 for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Cool and smother in icing sugar….simple!